1.What is Adclouds?
To really understand how Adclouds works, it´s helpful to recognize all different pieces and how they fit together. Below you see an overview of adclouds, its main components and how it relates to the surrounding marketing landscape.
We will break down the main components for you, they are:
- 1. Manage Ad Layout (ad-editor)
- 2. Traffic Sources (ad-server)
- 3. Improve ad (automated testing)
1.1.1. Manage ad-layout (ad-editor)
The ad-layout is the base of your ad defining the initial look for your ad – creating an ad is the first thing you do. You create an ad-layout by adding and editing layers on an ad-canvas in our ad-editor. You can start from a blank canvas, use our templates or import psd-files. Once created you can display and improve your ad automatically from adclouds.
1.2.2. Traffic sources (ad-server)
Once your ad is created, you can connect it to your traffic sources to display it there and let adclouds automatically improve it. Use ad-tags for ad-networks and DSP´s or our one-click AdWords integration to display your ads. Connect multiple traffic-sources to the same ad to compare and evaluate performance.
1.3.3. Improve ad (automated testing)
The third and last component of adclouds is it´s actual core – automated testing of ad-creatives. With adclouds production tools and automated testing process, testing is pure fun. Creating variations and tests takes minutes, the rest is handled by the machine. In this sections we cover:
- What adclouds automateds?
- Terminology: What is an control-ad, a variation and a test?
- How does the testing queue work?
2.Working in Adclouds
Your adclouds workspace is comprised of three main pages; ads, assets and insights. You’ll use these pages to organise, store and overview your ads and assets. Assets are basically anything you put on your ad-canvas such as images/gifs/videos/colors/texts/buttons etc..
Here is a explanatory snapshot of the ad-page:
Here is a explanatory snapshot of the Insights-page:
Insights are Adcloud’s way of telling you that a creative-test is completed. All your finished ad-tests will appear in the Insights page showing you the initial ad, the winning ad-variation and the improved performance. Insights are basically a before-after snapshot.
2.2.How to use the ad-editor?
The first thing you to do is to create your ads in our WYSIWYG-editor. You can upload and store images, gifs, mp4 videos, YouTube videos and texts in your adclouds-asset-library. Below is a quick-guide of how to create ads:
1. Click “New” and “Create ad”
2. Select canvas size and template.
3. Add layers to your canvas and perfect your ad-layout.
2.4.How to connect traffic sources?
Adclouds is an ad-server enabling you to create, edit and test your ads directly from adclouds. To enable this, you need to connect your traffic-sources i.e. Ad-networks or DSP´s, to your ad. Adclouds currently supports third-party ad-serving through html5 ad-tags and adwords display-ad-network through a one click integration.
2.4.1.Google AdWords one click integration
The Adwords integration allows you to import all your Accounts, Campaigns and Ad-groups for all campaigns with type: “Display Network only”. Campaign-type can not be changed once a campaign has been created.
In order to enable adclouds automated testing algorithms the Ad delivery setting should be set to:
“Rotate indefinitely”. Scroll down to find this setting after you have selected “Display Network only”. See previous step.
With the right settings in AdWords the integration is easy.
The integration approximately takes 15 minutes after which your Accounts, Campaigns and Ad-groups will have been imported to adclouds (dont forget to refresh your page).
Once integrated you can connect any ad-group to your ad meaning the connected ad will be displayed when you buy impressions for that ad-goup. You can now manage your ads directly from adclouds-interface.
2.4.5.How to create variations and tests (improve ad)
Once you have managed your ad-layout and connected traffic-sources, all you need to do is to create variations to test. Here is a step-by-step guide and tips on how to do that.
2. Welcome to the variation editor. The main difference between adclouds two editors is that you can´t add and remove layers in the variation-editor, however here you can generate ad-variations in seconds.
Create variations by: A. duplicating your control (ad-layout) and make manual adjustments or B. select assets from your library and let adclouds produce them for you. You can adjust them manually as well.
Here is a navigation-overview of the variation editor:
3. Coming up with variations to test is not always easy. With adclouds bulk-production tools its easier to be creative. Click the add multiple button and select a layer to bulk create variations from.
5. Let the system produce variations for you and remove the ones you don´t like. It´s way easier to remove variations that you see than to come up with great ideas for variations. When you save, a test will automatically be created comprising your variations.
While it´s greate tactic to produce lots of variations to see them and select the best onse, tests with to many variations will run longer. We recomend never to run more than 10 variations in a test. You then get a continous feedback loop when adclouds completes tests for you. Test with many variations wont harm, but will take longer to finish.
2.4.6.How to use the test-queue?
When you save your variations adcloud automatically creates a test-draft from your variations. Here is a screen-shot of the Improve ad page.
2.4.7.How to work with multiple formats?
Adclouds is all about reducing your manual work. Our copy-function enables you to reuse creatives and variations. In Adclouds you can:
- Copy ads.
- Copy folders.
- Copy tests and their variations.
1. Select an ad in your ad page, right-click on the ad and select “copy”.
Adclouds will copy your ad to the selected canvases. Drag and adjust the layers to the new canvas-sizes.
2. Select an folder in your ad page, right-click on the folder and select “copy”.
3. You can always copy tests with all their variations into a new test-drafts.You can copy any test, no matter it it´s a draft, a queue or a live test. Just click thd copy icon on any given test.